The Course in this language is intended to give students a high level of competence with an emphasis on the study of literary texts and will provide extensive exposure to a variety of rich texts of world literature as well as Indian.
The objectives achieved are:
- To enable the students to acquire competence in different linguistic functions.
- To reinforce the skills related to Listening, Speaking , Reading, and Writing.
- Conversational skills are tested both as a part of formative and summative assessment.
- Speaking is tested through narration or through description of a picture of people or places.
- To help them select and extract relevant information using reading skills of skimming and scanning.
- To develop the ability to be original and creative in interpreting opinion.
- To personally respond to literary texts.
- To further expand the learners’ vocabulary resources through the use of dictionary, thesaurus and encyclopedia.
- To initiate the study of English grammar through functional methods.