*Shreya Nankar and Sahil Khan won gold medals in national sports climbing competition held at Indore between 27 – 30th December 2017. Shreyanankar won gold medal in lead climbing and silver medal in bouldering event. *Shreya won the gold in lead for second time consequtively (ie. 2016 & 2017 nationals). *Sahil Khan won gold medal in bouldering and bronze medal in speed climbing. Around 150 athletes are selected from the country for the national competition. Shreya Nankar&Sahil Khan also were a part of the Indian team for the Asian youth championship held in August at Singapore.
Symbiosis primary won against Symbiosis Secondary in the Zilla Parishad Table tennis tournament under -14 held in Symbiosis school.
• Meenakshi Bhoite of Std X won gold medal in chess ZP match in U-17 Girls group at District level.
• Badminton girls won Bronze medal in 17 age group category at district level.
• Anushka Chitnis of Std IV C won a prize in gymnastics competition held in Uzbekistan.
Malika Marathe of Std IX played the qualifying event at the Junior French Open at Roland Garros in Paris this month. At 14 ,she is the youngest Indian to do so . Malikaa played against Japanese and Brazilian players much older than her and gave a very good account of herself. She now aims to play in the main draw at the Junior Grand Slams in two years time. Our best wishes are with her!
• Vedang Joshi of Std. VI D received the runners –up trophy and a silver medal at the first district Table Tennis ranking U/12. He also received trophy and certificate at the Symbiosis Sports Centre in the Semi finals for the Friendship Cup.
• Savli Patil of Std. VA won a trophy, bronze medal, three gold’s and got the third place for LathiKathi competition at KasbaPeth.
• Seeya Goyal of std. IX D received a Certificate for attending a camp conducted by ALL INDIA NCC TREKING EXPEDITION
• Anuj Dandekar of Std IVC secured first prize in Chess competition held at Symbiosis.
Ananya Anbhule Std. III won Gold Medal under Junior category in the Open National Bouldering Competition organized at Bhopal on 24th Dec 2016. She was the only girl to complete all the routes in the first attempt.
• Mihir Shah Std. VI A received up coming player trophy in Volleyball on 19th February 2017 by Millineim School.
• Dhwaj Bora Std. VI A received first prize in running race organized by English Marathon.
• Siddharth Marathe Std. VI D received 1st prize in national level tennis U/12 organised by all India Tennis Association
• Swayam Birla Std. VI D received 1st prize in National Abacus and became the centre topper .
From L-R (Yug Solanki,Vedang Joshi,Aarav Gangakhedkar, Manas.Patrudkar, Swara
• Yug Solanki of Std VI C received and all round trophy and Rings event trophy for gymnasticts organised by Maharashtra Mandal.
• Vedang Joshi of Std.V received the 3rd prize for U/ 12 and Runner up for U/ 10 for Pune Mayors Trophy for Table Tennis .
• Aarav Gangakhedkar participated in Intra
Club Skating tournament 2016 organised by solaris club on 9th December2016, at Pune and won the Bronze Medal and certificate of merit.
• Manas Patrudkar of Std. III B secured the fifth position in 3rd ISST roller skating championship on 11th December 2016 at Kaveri sports centre.
• Swara Dixit of Std III B won the Bronze Medal in Intra Club Skating competition organised by solar Platinum Pune (age 8-10 years) on 9th December 2016.
• Asmi Lodha of Std.III B got the 2nd price for English Marathon (Grammar Exam) at school level on 5th January. Now she will be appearing for state level in March.
• Arya Patil of Std. III B received a Gold medal in Swimming for Free style, Butterfly & Breast stroke He got a Silver medal in Backstroke at champions aquatic club.
• Jaanhavi Phanse of Std.III B got the 3rd place in Table Tennis Competition.
• Sarvesh Kumbhar of Std.III B won the 2nd place and got a Silver Medal in Inter school Taekwondo
meet at Euroschool. Undri, Pune. on 3rd December 2016.
• Tej Oak of Std. III D (OM DALVI TENNIS
COMPETITION) – Winner, U/8 2nd Rank -2 for Tennis Tournament.
• Ishwari Bahirat of Std.VI A got a Black Belt in karate.
• Atharv Dhamdhere of Std IV A won a silver medal at the 31st Pune International Marathon held at 29th January at Sanas ground.
• Varad Kulkarni of Std IX C has been selected for Maharashtra cricket team and will be playing at Rajkot
SAKAL SCHOOLYMPICS WINNERS
GOLD MEDAL WINNERS
1. SalsaAher Std. IX Lawn Tennis
2. Sanjyot.M&Ria.W Std. VII Lawn Tennis – Doubles
3. Sujan.P and Yash.S Std. X Lawn Tennis – Doubles
4. AaryaDhamale Std. V Archery
5. AjinkyaChaudhari Std. X Taekwond
6. PrasanaaKhedekar Std IX Swimming
7. Tanishka Deshpande Std. IX Badminton
8. Prasanna.K/ Angad.M/ Abhishek.S/ Sukant.HStd X Swimming relay
9. MeenakshiBhoite Std. IX Chess
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
1. SanikaSonwane Std. VII Judo
2. AaryaKakade Std V Archery
3. PrasannaKhedekar Std. IX Swimming
4. Yog Solanki Std VI Gymnastic
5. Tanishka& Sara Std. IX Badminton – Doubles
6. Sanashree and Mihir Std X Badminton- Doubles
7. Sahaniya Kulkarni Std VII Badminton
8. SahaniyaandRiddhi Std VII Doubles
9. Pancham Dhoot Std VI Skating
Volley ball Event
VinamraBamane, GargiGhate, Rujul More, DnyadaTayade
Aryan Khaire, Aditya Bhilare, AshayPatil, YashPhondge,
Arnav Barmecha, SaarthakKad, Arya Deshmukh, GayatriSangle
Varun Kulkarni, PraticheeMalpani
SiddharthKhedekar, SahilSaraph, Raj Birla, IndraneelIngawale ,
VinayaBamane, TanuKamat, Shrawani Hartalkar, Pauravi Mane,
SejalGupta , Aishwarya Bhilare
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS
1. Riya Washimkar StdVII Lawn Tennis
2. Mrunmayee & Shreya Std IX Lawn tennis Doubles
3. Aditya Bhosale Std X Shooting
Gayatri Sangle, Aarya Deshmukh, Arnav Barmecha, Sarthak Kad of Std VIII and Rujul More of Std VII received trophies for their excellent play.U-17 Boys won the Bronze medal.
U-14 Girls won the Bronze medal.
Malikaa Marathe of Std VIII gets selected to INDIA TEAM representing our country,at The Indian Junior Tennis Team playing the Division 1 ITF Asia 14 & Uchampionshps.
• She was also awarded as BEST PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
Badminton State Level held at Baramati
Sarah Navare (X D), Shivani Deshpande (X D), Sanashree Dhamdhere (X C), Tanishka Deshpande (IX B), Vaishnavi Sangve (IX A) received a Gold Medal.
Singles and Doubles both titles. She won the tournament without dropping a set and with a loss of just 9 games in the entire tournament.
Boys won the final against KHS school in volleyball U-10 age group and girls won the silver medal.
In badminton,U-17 category the girls won gold medal in Z.P at the
District Level matches.The winners are VaishnaviSangve (std IX),Sarah Navare(std X),
Shivani Deshpande(stdX), SanashreeDhamdhere (std X),Tanishka Deshpande(std IX)
•Nandini Menkar of Std. V B won a Bronze Medal for Biathlon & Silver Medal for Trathel National level held at Haryana.
•Abhijay Dandawate of Std. IV D came first in a Dr.BabasahebAmbedkar for Chess Competition.
• On 2nd August, Pune district metropolitan Badminton association organized Badminton tournament in which Tanishka Deshpande of Std IX was winner in singles and doubles. Tanishka Deshpande also received Rs. 20,000 scholarship.
• On 10th August, Yonex Sunrise India Junior International Badminton Tournament, qualifying draws were held in which Tanish Deshpande of Std IX was selected.
• 12th August – Gold medal was won by under 17 girl’s badminton team in the
Z.P district level interschool badminton tournament. Under 1to 4 girls won
the bronze medal.
• 23rd August – Gold medal was won by under 14 boys Table Tennis Team in
the Z. P district level interschool Table Tennis Tournament.