- Introduction to the various theories regarding child development and knowledge about normal growth and developmental milestones in the areas, such as physical-motor, socio emotional, cognitive, language and creative
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum for preschoolers along with designing learning engagements pertinent to specific age groups
Children with special needs
- Introduction to the children with special needs, their characteristics and educational needs
- Exposure to the aspects of and methods used in managing preschools
- Preschool classroom observation, assistance and lesson conduction
- Workshops-story telling, Multiple Intelligences, Child health and nutrition, Brain Gym, Phonetics, Computer aided teaching
- Seminars and presentations.
- Preparing teaching resources-readiness file, resource file, story aids and Power point presentation
- An exposure to the International Baccalaureate philosophy through visit to the Symbiosis International School.
- Field visits to get exposure to different preschool set ups in and around Pune